Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sore Gums 3 Days After Tooth Extraction

Silvio Rodríguez column


Google Message to President
My friend Dr Ricardo Seir, who yesterday urged me to address the Internet Summit to be held in the United States, giving me even more encouragement later wrote
"One of my patients works at Google. [...] Make a request and I will get to do it with the intention that the chief send more (I do not know whether or not she in meeting with Obama, but I guess it did). Do you think? "
To which I replied:
" The proposal is simple: the world is very uneven and could avoid a lot of pain with an action that would contribute to a global leap: a ring of satellites to provide Internet to the third world . I'm sure that is something that is available to those brains (and wallets) privileged. "
This is the letter that Dr Seir wrote to his friend who works at Google. Translation appears below.

Dear Kari:
Silvio Rodriguez is one of the Most Influential singer-songwriters in the English speaking world. He has inspired 3 Generations of people for more Than 40 years, with Social Influence historical lyrics, poetry writing historical high standard historical and beautiful music. He is Praised by Nobel Prize winners, heads of States and Many Influential people in the world. Many artists Consider him an inspiration for Others Have Their careers and lives songs.He historical Recorded in Cuba. He was recently in the U.S. after performing He Was Given a Visa that was negated to him for many, many years. (I believe more than 30)
I met Silvio about 16 years a go and we have became friends. He has a blog, and we were discussing the recent meeting that president Obama had with the people who has influenced the Internet and the technology world. I believe one of your bosses, Mr. Schmidt was in that meeting.
I asked the hypothetical question that if Silvio was in that meeting what he would have asked (remember again, he lives in Cuba). He said that he would say something like this:
“The world is in complete disparity and a lot of pain could be avoided with actions that could contribute to a quality global jump: A belt of satellites that would give Internet to the “Third World”. He added that something like this could be achievable because he considers them very intelligent people (and because of their deep pockets)”
Some people in the blog immediately said that he would be received with a kick in his butt. I said that I believed (and guarantied) that he would be listen to, because the people at that meeting are very like him, including president Obama (with their difference in their political views): They are high achievers and that nothing would stop them on working of what they really believe, and in their dreams.
I also said that I would try to help him in sending his message (since it was my idea to ask the question about the hypothetical meeting). Is there any way to forward this letter to Mr. Schmidt or Mr. Page?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Seir.

Dear Kari:
Silvio Rodriguez is one of the most influential songwriters in the English speaking world. 3 He has inspired generations of people for over 40 years with his lyrics socially engaged, high standard and beautiful poetic music. Has been praised by several characters who have won Nobel Prizes, Heads of State and many influential people in the world. Many artists consider him an inspiration in their careers and others have recorded his songs. He lives in Cuba and recently was granted a visa to sing in the United States, which had been denied for many years (I think more than 30). Silvio
met 16 years ago and we became friends. He has a blog, where we have been discussing the recent meeting between President Obama with the most influential people in the world of technology and the Internet. I think one of your boss, Eric Schmidt was in this meeting.
I ask hypothetically that if he had been right to speak at this meeting, I would have said (remember he lives in Cuba). His approach is as follows:
"The world is very uneven and could avoid a lot of pain with an action that would contribute to a global leap: a ring of satellites to provide Internet to the third world. I am sure that is something the scope of these brains (and wallets) privileged. "
Some people immediately jumped on the blog and said they would be greeted with a kick in the butt. I said I believed (and guaranteed) that would be heard, because people attending the meeting were very similar to it including President Obama (across political) people who have achieved great things and never could be detained their dreams.
also said I would try to help send the message (because it was my idea of \u200b\u200bthe hypothetical question.) Is there any way to send you this letter to Mr. Schmidt and Mr. Page? Thanks
in advance, Dr. Seir

0 comments:

Post a Comment